- Holotype: PEM R18479, An adult male, collected by W.R. Branch, W. Conradie, G.J. Measey and K.A. Tolley, 21 January 2009. Field number KTH09-245.
- Type locality: Road to Oncocua, 7 km from Iona, Namibe Province, Angola (16°51’29.9’’ S, 12°36’45.9’’ E, 1612DC, 803 m elevation.
- Etymology: The name is a patronym honouring the former CEO of the South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI), Brain Huntley, who organised the expedition to Angola, and has made valuable contributions to the conservation of Angolan biodiversity.
- Eremias undata Boulenger 1921 (part.)
- Eremias undata undata Laurent 1964 (part.)
- Pedioplanis haackei Conradie, Measey, Branch & Tolley, 2012