Iolinidae Pritchard, 1956
- Original status: superfamily
- Type genus: Iolina
- The superfamily Iolinoidea erected by Pritchard (1956) was lowered in hierarchic rank and included in the Tydeoidea by Krantz (1978: 237).
- The Iolinidae were redefined by André (1984) and expanded by André & Fain (2000) to include, in addition to the nominal subfamily, the subfamilies Pronematinae and Tydaeolinae, which previously belonged to the family Tydeidae.
- According to Zhang et al. (2011), the family comprises 36 genera and 125 species.
- No fossil record according to Dunlop et al. (2020: 77).
- André, H.M. 1984. Redefinition of the Iolinidae (Acari: Actinedida), with a discussion of their familial and superfamilial status. In: Griffiths, D. A. & Bowman, C. E. (Eds), Acarology VI, vol. 1, Ellis Horwool Publishers, Chichester: 180–185.
- André, H.M. & Fain, A. 2000. Phylogeny, ontogeny and adaptive radiation in the superfamily Tydeoidea (Acari: Actinedida), with a reappraisal of morphological characters. Zoological journal of the Linnean Society 130(3): 405–448. DOI: 10.1111/j.1096-3642.2000.tb01636.x DOI: 10.1006/zjls.1999.0237
- Dunlop, J.A., Penney, D. & Jekel, D. 2020. A summary list of fossil spiders and their relatives. In World Spider Catalog. Natural History Museum Bern, online at http://wsc.nmbe.ch, version 20.5, accessed on 2020-01-15.
- Krantz, G.W. 1978. A Manual of Acarology, Second Edition. Oregon State University Bookstores, Corvallis.
- Pritchard, A.E. 1956. A new superfamily of trombidiform mites with the description of a new family, genus and species (Acarina: Iolinoidea: Iolinidae: Iolina nana). Annals of the Entomological Society of America 49(3): 204–206.
- Zhang, Z-Q., Fan, Q-H., Pesic, V., Smit, H., Bochkov, A.V., Khaustov, A.A., Baker, A., Wohltmann, A., Wen, T-H., Amrine, J.W., Beron, P., Lin, J-Z., Gabrys, G. & Husband, R. 2011. Order Trombidiformes Reuter, 1909. Pp 129–138 In Zhang, Z.-Q. (ed.) 2011. Animal biodiversity: an outline of higher-level classification and survey of taxonomic richness. Zootaxa 3148: 1–237. Open access. Reference page. PDF. Reference page.