Rhotanella Fennah, 1970
Type species: Rhotanella thyrsis Fennah, 1970, by original designation.
- Forewings with 5 broad costal cells.
- Basal costal cell of forewings as wide or wider as ¼ of width of whole wing.
- 2nd and 3rd subcostal sector of forewing directed forward.
- 4th costal cell of forewing triangular.
- Sc+R fork of forewing at or slightly distad of the middle of the wing.
- Forewings often with many veins lined with white spots.
- Head in profile angulated, either with a triangular or in a rectangular outline.
- Rostrum short, not or just reaching hind coxae.
- Fennah, R.G. 1970: Fulgoroidea (Homoptera) from Rennell and Bellona islands. Nat. Hist. Rennell Isl., 6 (64): 43–85.
- Zelazny, B. 1981: The Philippines species of Rhotanini (Homoptera: Derbidae) and their distribution outside the Philippines. Pacific Insects, 23(3-4): 213–285. PDF
- Zelazny, B.; Webb, M.D. 2011: Revision of the planthopper tribe Rhotanini (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Derbidae). Zootaxa, 3071: 1–307. Preview