- Holotype: IEBR A.2018.8 (field no. CB 2014.18), adult ♂, collected by C.T. Pham on 14 June 2014.
- Type locality: “forest of Duc Quang Commune (22°43.084’N, 106°39.653’E, at an elevation of 477 m above sea level), Ha Lang District, Cao Bang Province, northern Vietnam”.
- Paratype: IEBR A.2018.9 (field no. CB 2014.19), adult ♀, from "Phia Oac-Phia Den National Park (22°36.147’N, 105°52.726’E, at an elevation of 1461 m above sea level), Nguyen Binh District, Cao Bang Province, northern Vietnam", collected by C.T. Pham on 24 May 2014.
- Paratype: VNMN 06924 (field no. TAO 766), adult ♂, from "forest of Thanh Cong Commune within Phia Oac-Phia Den National Park (22°60.556’N, 105°87.530’E, at an elevation of 1590 m above sea level), Nguyen Binh District, Cao Bang Province, northern Vietnam", collected by T.T. Nguyen on 10 May 2010.
- Ziegler, T., Nguyen, T.Q., Pham, C.T., Nguyen, T.T., Pham, A.V., Schingen, M.V., Nguyen, T.T. & Le, M.D. 2019. Three new species of the snake genus Achalinus from Vietnam (Squamata: Xenodermatidae). Zootaxa 4590(2): 249–269. DOI: 10.11646/zootaxa.4590.2.3 . Reference page.
- Boundy, J. 2021. Snakes of the World: A Supplement. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group: Boca Raton, Florida. 273 pp. ISBN 9781138618138 ebook Reference page.