Chlorella volutis C.Bock, Krienitz & Pröschold, 2011
- Type locality: Rhinopool Nakuru-National Park, small seasoning [seasonal] pond near the western border of the park, Nakuru District, Rift Valley Province, Kenya (00°23.421' S, 36°53.831' E).
- Holotype: Material of the authentic strain CCAP 211/120 is cryopreserved in metabolic inactive state at the Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa, Oban, Scotland. Isotype: An air-dried as well as a formaldehyde-fixed sample of strain CCAP 211/120 was deposited at the Botanical Museum at Berlin-Dahlem under the designation B40 0040733.
- Authentic strain: CCAP 211/120
- Iconotype: Figure 7.
- Bock, C., Krienitz, L. & Pröschold, T. 2011. Taxonomic reassessment of the genus Chlorella (Trebouxiophyceae) using molecular signatures (barcodes), including description of seven new species. Fottea 11(2): 293–312. DOI: 10.5507/fot.2011.028 PDF Reference page. : 304, figs 7, 19
- Guiry, M.D. & Guiry, G.M. 2020. Chlorella volutis. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. Accessed 2020-04-23.