Chlorella singularis C.Bock, Krienitz & Pröschold, 2011
- Type locality: Sewage pond, Nakuru-National Park, Nakuru District, Rift Valley Province, Kenya (0°19'18.42" S; 36°04'38"E).
- Holotype: Material of the authentic strain CCAP 211/119 is cryopreserved at the Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa, Oban, Scotland. Isotype: An air-dried as well as a formaldehyde fixed sample of strain CCAP 211/119 was deposited at the Botanical Museum at Berlin-Dahlem under the designation B40 0040666.
- Authentic strain: CCAP 211/119
- Iconotype: Figure 4.
- Bock, C., Krienitz, L. & Pröschold, T. 2011. Taxonomic reassessment of the genus Chlorella (Trebouxiophyceae) using molecular signatures (barcodes), including description of seven new species. Fottea 11(2): 293–312. DOI: 10.5507/fot.2011.028 PDF Reference page. : 302, figs 4, 16
- Guiry, M.D. & Guiry, G.M. 2020. Chlorella singularis. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. Accessed 2020-04-23.