Chlorella pituita C.Bock, Krienitz & Pröschold, 2011
- Type locality: Mira, trout nursery, Portugal.
- Holotype: An air-dried as well as a formaldehyde-fixed sample of strain ACOI 311 was deposited at the Botanical Museum at Berlin-Dahlem under the designation B40 0040661.
- Authentic strain: Material of the authentic strain ACOI 311 is maintained at the Coimbra Collection of Algae, Portugal.
- Iconotype: Figure 1.
- Bock, C., Krienitz, L. & Pröschold, T. 2011. Taxonomic reassessment of the genus Chlorella (Trebouxiophyceae) using molecular signatures (barcodes), including description of seven new species. Fottea 11(2): 293–312. DOI: 10.5507/fot.2011.028 PDF Reference page. : 299, figs 1, 8, 9
- Guiry, M.D. & Guiry, G.M. 2020. Chlorella pituita. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. Accessed 2020-04-23.